Thursday, September 16, 2010

C25k

Last night I started the couch to 5k program. I had a baby two years ago and still carry around 15-20 lbs of the 60lbs I gained. (I don't recommend gaining 60 lbs. Pregnant or not. It's miserable. Especially in August. And heavy.) I did some Googling and finally got motivated when I found Sporty Pal and Suz's Couch to 5k Running Podcasts

Sporty Pal has an application you can download to your Blackberry that tracks how long, how far, even the actual route you run. By using the GPS, it can tell you how fast you are running and your average speed for the workout. Then you can post your workout to Facebook and show all your friends that you are actually doing something!

Suz's Podcasts are excellent! She made playlists for each C25k week with upbeat music and interrupts to tell you when to run and walk. So much easier than trying to figure it out on your own. Each week she uses a different playlist and music genre to keep you motivated.

I'm really excited to keep this up. I don't especially love running, but it's free and I love free. The only money I spent was $10 for new headphones. Oh, and the $1.60 I spent on candy for my husband to tie him over until I got dinner. Even if I don't lose weight, I'm sure it will help shape and tone my body and get me ready for when we decide to have Baby #2.

Wish me luck! I need it...

xo,
Jamie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment